Sunday, 29 January 2017

Indoor plants and vintage planters


It seems indoor plants, especially in interesting pots or planters are still one of the hottest trends for
 2017.

 I'm really enjoying the fact that the past few years have shown a world wide resurgence in indoor plants.
I think this renewed interest has been helped along a great deal by environmental awareness, as well as the popularity of mid century and 70s trends in decor. As both of these styles were very big on  incorporating indoor plants or house plants into interior decor.
 
  
indoor plants in vintage planters


indoor plants on vintage bar cart home decor. sheandmeblog
Art piece by Natasha Gardos

 

 Indoor plant decor

Growing up with plant loving parents, our garden as well as our house was always filled with wonderful plants and flowers. I suppose it was from this lovely influence, that in my own homes, having not only a outdoor garden but an interior one, has always been an essential part of who I am.
Not only do I enjoy the look of plants, I absolutely love the feeling plants bring to a space, don't you?


home decor with indoor plant, vintage pieces and art
Art piece by Natasha Gardos


indoor plant in vintage planter pot


indoor plant phalaenopsis orchid with art piece sheandme blog
Art piece by Natasha Gardos




orchid in vintage brass  planter, vintage toast rack and bamboo box


Plants bring life to any area, clean the air and make us feel good.
That isn't just my own opinion, it is scientific fact.
 Though most plant lovers, my self included, will tell you that they knew that already. Which is exactly why they loved having plants around them!




Now don't think that I have a glowing green thumb, because the truth unfortunately is very far from it!
 Inconsistency is probably my biggest fault (and not just with plants!)
 But that doesn't stop me from having an indoor garden.
 Even if I do have to relegate the occasional plant to the compost! I try not to feel too bad about that part. As I tell He, they may have died, but at least I environmentally recycled them!   
But I keep trying and I do learn along the way, and I have definitely improved over time.






 Indoor plants and their containers, vintage or contemporary, can add so much to your decor.
 You can rearrange them at anytime, by moving them around to different areas in your room or home. You can change the pot or planter or even replace the plants themselves. This can all be done seasonally or just randomly, when the mood takes you.






indoor plant in vintage pottery and coppe planters


 I like to think of the plants and planters, as changeable accessories, just like cushions! My plants are a constantly evolving  display. Besides vessels designed for plants, I like to use cups and jugs, vases, compotes, baskets and sugar bowls or anything else that takes my fancy or matches the look I'm after. I also tend to keep my plants in the standard sized plastic pot that it grows in, then I display them inside another planter of some kind. Using this method I am then able to place a changing array of plants in the one planter. And of course it works the other way, you can keep your fave plants and just change their planter to get a different look.






Just as we extend our living space outdoors, having indoor plants as part of your decor brings the outdoors in!
Which brightens and lightens the feel of your home.
 This can be done in such a variety of ways, as there are plants and display styles to suit every individual and their space.
From elegant to colourful  and quirky, from earthy and environmental  to the latest mod style, boho chic  to  city glam, the choices are endless and all yours.
 You might even be able to come up with a new style of your own.




So if you haven't started creating an interior garden of your own as yet, my advise is
 "Get to it"
Start with just one plant in an interesting planter, and see how it makes you feel.
I will be posting some tips on caring for your indoor plant soon, so watch out for that one.
And if you are looking for indoor plant display ideas, I have collected quite a few interesting styles and various ideas on my - Interior Garden - Pinterest board, that you might like to check out.
You can find it here




If you are already an indoor gardener or lover of vintage planters and have any tips or tricks, please share with us, I'm sure we would all love to here from you.

Happy indoor gardening everyone!

Me.












Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment